- Is the idea shared?
- Do you have the support of others?
- What motivates you to do this?
- Is there a need for what you are proposing?
- What research have you undertaken?
- Decided on a name?
- Checked to ensure it hasn’t already been taken?
- What do you wish to achieve?
- What outcomes will it bring?
- What difference will your service make? To whom?
- How will it affect the local community?
- Who have you got to help you?
- What are the risks?
- Have you people who will help you to run and manage your group/organisation?
- Have you identified rules for running your group/organisation?
- What planning have you done to ensure your XXXX remains on schedule during the first year?
- Decided on a legal structure? Does it require registration with OSCR?
- Are you planning on trading?
- Created your governing document
- Trustees/Directors fully aware of legal obligation
- New Trustees given introduction session into group/organisation?
- New Trustees attended training to ensure compliance?
- Trustees selected through a fair and transparent process?
- A Trustees Declaration is completed for all Trustees and a register kept.
- What resources will you need?
- How are you planning on funding services?
- Do you have a strategy for fund raising?
- Do you need to rent premises?
- Are you planning to charge for services?
- Planning on employing staff?
- Do you have the necessary policies and procedures in place?
- Who will do your payroll?
- Will your Trustees, volunteers or staff require PVG checks
- Have you someone to control the day to day finances and compile accounts?
- Produce Trustee Annual Report?
- Need to submit necessary documents to OSCR or companies house (depending on legal structure)?